In my article I used dvd-menu and mkisofs and this can be an alternative for people who prefer graphical tools.
Let’s see what it can do fo you.
DeVeDe is a program to create video DVDs and CDs (VCD, sVCD or CVD), suitable for home players, from any number of video files, in any of the formats supported by Mplayer (such as mpeg, avi, asf, wmv, wma, quicktime, mov, realtime, ogg, matroska). The big advantage over other utilities is that it only needs Mplayer, Mencoder, DVDAuthor, VCDImager and MKisofs (well, and Python, PyGTK and PyGlade), so its dependencies are really small.
The last release of this software is the Version 3.17.0 (2011-07-03) that is available on the main site as .deb package or as source on a tar.gz.
The previous version is available on Ubuntu repositories, so I recommend using the “official” Ubuntu and install it with:
aptitude install devede
In this way you’ll have all the dependencies resolved easily.
For other distributions, check your repository or additional sources, for example for fedora check rpmfusion
Once you run DeVeDe it will display a page where you can choose which kind of Disc you want to create:
In the next screen you can choose:
- In the Titles pane, you can create titles to be given – in the start menu – to each video file, and moreover you can change their position and their appearance;
- In the Files pane, you can add or move the video files you want to add to your project;
- In the Disk Usage pane, you can choose the medium on which to save the resulting video (DVD, DVD-DL, CD);
- In the Format pane you can choose the format of your resulting video (PAL or NTSC);
- In the Menu pane, you can play with the main DVD menu: you can change the background image, sound, fonts and colors of it.
This is more or less all you need to know to start to use DeVeDe, after selecting files and titles just click on forward and the program will create your .iso files that you can burn with your favorite software, and after that..enjoy it on your biggest TV !