I received two emails, from two project managers of open source projects that I’m following, both gave me the good news of an update of the product and so i’m glad to present you in this post the update of two excellent software which I have already spoken Xplico and Ububox SalentOS
Xplico 0.7.0: Gmail and language localization
Gianluca one of the project leader of Xplico announced the release of version 0.7.0 that in short bring improvement on Webmail sniffing/decoding and the language localization. If you don’t have read my former article, I’ll tell you that Xplico it’s in short a network forensic tool, his goal it’s to extract from an internet traffic capture the applications data contained.
For example, from a pcap file Xplico extracts each email (POP, IMAP, and SMTP protocols), all HTTP contents, each VoIP call (SIP), FTP, TFTP, and so on. Xplico isn’t a network protocol analyzer. Xplico is an open source Network Forensic Analysis Tool (NFAT). For more information check my former article.
And this is the 0.7.0 changelog:
- upgraded the XI to Cakephp 1.3
- added the ICMPv6 dissector
- Ethernet dissector improved (for ICMPv6)
- one of two Xplico’s deadlock is solved
- fixed the communication bug between xplico and the manipulators
- SDP dissector bug fixed
- SIP and TCP dissectors improved
- WebMail manipulator and all Python3 scripts improved (ready to new webmail entry… see pol )
- added pcap file name on CLI report
- capture modules log improved
- new GeoIP version: 1.4.8
- added IPv6 Hop-by-Hop options
- Xplico and all Manipulators with dual stack (IPv4, IPv6)
- XI language localization (each fix is well come): Arabic, Chinese, German, English, French, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish
- DNS bug fixed
- added the MDNS dissector
- added AOL WebMail
- added Yahoo! WebMail
- added Yahoo! Mail for Andorid Mobile
- added Gmail
UbuBox salentOS 11.10
On the other hand, I receive news of Gabriel’s update of Ububox salentOS at version 11.10, that match the last release of Ubuntu.
As the name suggests this distribution is a remastered Ubuntu, the goal is to have a lightweight environment but at the same time filled with all the graphical comforts :
The Windows Manager: Openbox provides a graphically environemnt very light and elegant, where sit Docky, the famous Mac-style dock, the bottom panel is Tint2, that it’s also very light and extremely configurable (it can be customized simply by changing the file tint2rc with a simple text editor), and the comfortable Conky system monitor that is placed on the desktop by default. The compositing (shadows, fades and other small effects) is managed by the another light component: xcompmgr.
Another objective of the project is to have all the software needed for immediate use immediately after installation ! From the office suite LibreOffice to the softwares for audio/video editing such audacity, avidemux, and many others, including codecs for playback of most media files.
And the distirbution is also filled with the beautiful photographs by Gabriel of his land, the Salento, from this the other part of the name of this distribution.
- Copy – A new cloud storage service with Linux Client
- Linux Games: Haunt
- Share your files easily on your computers with NitroShare
- Linuxaria, now running on Wheezy
- BitMessage: Encrypted messaging, BitCoin-style
Find me on Google+