It notifies you when any of the following events occur
- One of your friends changes their status, profile picture, or profile details
- You receive a friend request, event or group invitation
- Someone writes on one of your friends walls
- One of your friends is tagged in a photo
On ubuntu to install these packages just run into the terminal:
sudo aptitude install python-webkit python-simplejson
Installation is not currently supported. To run facebook-notify simply do the following
1) Download the tar from the official page
2) In your home directory run from the terminal
tar -zxvf //nzjrs-facebook-notify-1bde81f.tar.gz cd nzjrs-facebook-notify-1bde81f ./facebook-notify.py
Click on the Facebook icon (in my installation it did not found the correct icon and so showed a black screen with a signal inside) that appears in the notification area and select Connect
Type your facebook connection details in the window that appears, all done !
- What are the desktop environments that use less resources on Linux ?
- How to protect Apache with Fail2ban
- Nightingale a Beautiful music player for Linux
- Livarp – A lightweight Linux Distribution
- Why Linux Based Servers are Reliable?
Find me on Google+