setsid - run a program in a new session
The main difference i see from nohup is that you “lost” your standard output, but for some programs this could be normal or acceptable.
For example run a script called ~/src/compile.all on a remote machine:
logoff (or < ctrl > D)
it’s also possible to pass arguments with setsid command:
setsid /usr/bin/totem '/path/to/my/file.avi'
- What are the desktop environments that use less resources on Linux ?
- How to protect Apache with Fail2ban
- Nightingale a Beautiful music player for Linux
- Livarp – A lightweight Linux Distribution
- 5 Comic Book Viewers for Linux
Find me on Google+