setsid - run a program in a new session
The main difference i see from nohup is that you “lost” your standard output, but for some programs this could be normal or acceptable.
For example run a script called ~/src/compile.all on a remote machine:
logoff (or < ctrl > D)
it’s also possible to pass arguments with setsid command:
setsid /usr/bin/totem '/path/to/my/file.avi'
- arkOS: build your Cloud with a Raspberry Pi
- How to put in pause any process in Linux
- Linux Games: Faster Than Light
- Review and repair a Linux SWAP Partition
- Turpial 3 – The best microblogging client is back ?
Find me on Google+