setsid - run a program in a new session
The main difference i see from nohup is that you “lost” your standard output, but for some programs this could be normal or acceptable.
For example run a script called ~/src/compile.all on a remote machine:
logoff (or < ctrl > D)
it’s also possible to pass arguments with setsid command:
setsid /usr/bin/totem '/path/to/my/file.avi'
- Linux Security: How to hide processes from other users
- Productivity boosting with open source applications
- 8 Simple To Follow Tips To Secure Your Apache Web Server
- The Humble “Open Source” Bundle
- Linux Games: FTL Advanced Edition expansion
Find me on Google+