setsid - run a program in a new session
The main difference i see from nohup is that you “lost” your standard output, but for some programs this could be normal or acceptable.
For example run a script called ~/src/compile.all on a remote machine:
logoff (or < ctrl > D)
it’s also possible to pass arguments with setsid command:
setsid /usr/bin/totem '/path/to/my/file.avi'
- Linux Terminal: inxi – a full featured system information script
- Introduction to 4 Open Source CMS
- How to Enable your Debian Squeeze LTS security support !
- Contest for Zorin OS lovers
- Small reminder: Remember to remove all your data from Ubuntuone
Find me on Google+