Or put a different suit to your Linux….
Maybe you love so much the look of your previous operating system?
Or do you want to change the operating system to your friend or relative pretending nothing?
Whatever our penguin can also change clothes and pretend to be a Win or Mac
Let’s see some packages and distributions that make this transformation.
Ylmf OS is a free software Linux distribution derived from the Ubuntu operating system. Its user interface closely resembles that of Microsoft Windows XP. The distribution was originally not available in the English language, though shortly after the initial release in late 2009 an English language version of Ylmf OS was released.
Ylmf it’s developed in China and his main laguage it’s chinese (but english release it’s also available), Version 3.0 was released in June 2010 based on Ubuntu 10.04, with the major components being Linux kernel 2.6.32-22.33, X.Org Server 1.7.6, GCC 4.4.3, and GNOME 2.30.0. It allows for a live CD mode, and one can log in with username “ylmfos” and an empty password.
Despite the very similar likeness to Windows XP’s Luna theme—the default theme for Windows XP—Microsoft does not appear to be planning to take any sort of action against the operating system or its developers.
Mac OS X Transformation Pack. Macbuntu is an open-source program, designed to transform Linux’s appearance and layout into a Mac OS X environment. Although Macbuntu is dedicated to Ubuntu Linux OS, it could be used in other OS based on Debian/GTK
- Attention: Script significantly changes the desktop.
- Attention: Not compatible with Ubuntu Netbook Edition
- Attention: The Global Menu does not current work correctly for all applications. This is a known issue.
How to Install:
- Download the transformation package from SourceForge or GNOME-Look.org if you prefer (but they are both hosted from SourceForge) and save it to your Desktop.
- Extract the package to your Desktop. You can do this by right clicking and selecting “Extract Here” from the menu.
- Open a terminal and type “cd Desktop/Macbuntu-10.10/” (without the quotes) and press enter.
- Now type “./install.sh” (without quotes) and press enter.
- Follow the directions and answer a few questions and it does all of the rest! …and you’re done!
To uninstall go in the same directory and run the command uninstall.sh.
macbuntu is available for Ubuntu 10.04 and Ubuntu 10.10
Even from its start in late 2009 as an Gnome Icon pack, the Win2-7 Packs goal has not changed…To be the most comprehensive, easily installable, customizable and most user friendly Windows 7 Transformation Pack on earth for the Gnome Desktop!
Installation is simple. Simply run GUIInstall.sh to install it. You can uninstall the pack by running GUIUninstall.sh.
The goal of this project is to bring the aqua User Interface to POSIX Operating Systems (GNU/LInux, FreeBSD, openSolaris etc.). The project is built for desktop environments based on GTK
– Download the tarball archive containing the cursors, login screen, icons, splash screen here. The tutorial assumes you have downloaded the archive to your home folder. To unpack the archive use the following in a terminal:
For a complete guide on how to install this theme follow this guide: http://tanu.wordpress.com/2009/07/11/transform-ubuntu-into-os-x/
Find me on Google+