With Zorin OS next release not far away, I am happy to announce a special contest.
Who can participate?
Everyone with a passion for Linux, and with some writing skills. If you’re good enough to compose a short e-mail to your friend, then you’re ready for the contest.
What you need to do?
Please write a short story about Zorin OS, or maybe just Linux in general.
Why do you use Linux? How did you come to the Linux world? What do you like here? What are you doing to promote Linux? Any of these, or maybe your own themes are good.
It would be better, if your post is about Zorin OS, but this is just “nice to have”.
The text you’re going to write should not be one-liner. Please be little bit more productive. At least 50 words, if you don’t mind.
Where to send your works?
Please e-mail them to [email protected].
When to send?
Any time until the 6 of june 2012.
What will you get?
Organizers of the contest will select winners, and they will receive:
- Disk with Zorin OS 6 Premium with all the attached support. Prize is given by Zorin OS team.
- 15 USD bonus at Desura or similar resource, as per your agreement with Linuxaria, who has given this prize.
- 10 GBP e-voucher for Amazon.co.uk site. Prize from Buy Linux CDs.
- CD with any Linux distribution of your choice. Prize from Linux notes from DarkDuck.
- 1 GB USB stick. Prize from Linux notes from DarkDuck.
Will my work be published?
By submitting your work, you allow organizers to use your work on their web sites, unless you specifically withdraw your permission in writing.
When will results be announced?
The results will be announced on the 8 of june 2012.
The winners will be contacted by e-mail.
- One prize per contestant.
- Decisions of contest organizers are binding, and cannot be changed.
- Non-monetary prizes cannot be exchanged for money.
- No cash equivalents.
- Monetary prizes will be given in currency stated: 15 USD and 10 GBP correspondingly.
- In order to get non-monetary prizes, you must provide your postal address. This will be kept confidential and never disclosed to 3rd parties.
- Winners must respond the requests within 14 calendar days. If there is no response, the prize will be withheld.
- Linux Security: How to hide processes from other users
- Productivity boosting with open source applications
- 8 Simple To Follow Tips To Secure Your Apache Web Server
- The Humble “Open Source” Bundle
- Linux Games: FTL Advanced Edition expansion
Find me on Google+