In Forrester analyst Jeffrey Hammond’s keynote today at LinuxCon he outlined the trends of OSS adoption in the enterprise. (You can download the slides here.) According to Hammond, open source software has crossed the chasm and is firmly entrenched in enterprises around the world. That wasn’t a surprise to the 800 people in the LinuxCon audience. But his data did uncover something interesting: IT operations people are choosing Linux not just to lower costs but also to fuel innovation and support growth.
Read it all on Amanda McPherson’s Linux Foundation blog
- Linux Terminal: An lsof Primer
- How to check if you are vulnerable to shellshock
- Ripping DVD with Handbrake on Linux
- Linux: Timeouting commands in shell scripts
- Switching to Linux, Checklist
Find me on Google+