I’m glad to offer to my reader a special offer if they plan to attend the next Velocity Conference by O’Reilly, register at this conference with the promotional code VL12AFF5 and you’ll get a 20% discount on Conference Fees.
When and Where ? June 25-27, 2012 at the Santa Clara CA, Convention Center.
What’s this conference about ? From their official site:
The only things expanding faster than new techniques and technologies to build a faster, stronger web are the expectations of web and mobile users.
To succeed in this ever-shifting, increasingly complex domain, you need to master a daunting array of web performance, operations, and mobile performance issues. Speed or reliability is no longer an option; both are assumed. Your pages and services must be fast, reliable, secure, and unbreakable. Your infrastructure must be efficiently scalable. Massive amounts of data must be captured and stored, and it all must work efficiently, reliably, and elegantly on an ever-expanding array of devices.
That’s why Velocity attracts the smartest minds in web performance and operations. Velocity is the best place to learn from peers, exchange ideas with experts, and share what has worked (and equally importantly, what has not worked) in real world applications. The focus is on practical, large-scale web development, presented by experts.
Velocity 2012 Topics and Themes
- Automation strategies
- Optimizing mobile performance
- Cloud computing: the good bits
- Storing and managing big data: NoSQL, Hadoop
- Metrics and monitoring
- Zorin OS 9 Core Review: As good as Linux Mint 17!
- How to reboot Linux automatically on Kernel Panic
- Linux AIO some of the most common distributions in one ISO
- How to share on linux the output of your shell commands
- How to change an user password in Linux
Find me on Google+