In a previous article i’ve wrote about creating qr code from the command line, but perhaps this is not always the preferred method for everyone.
So QtQR come to help us with a graphical frontend, QtQR is a GUI front-end for linux’s qrencode made in Python & Qt
zbar for decoding
PIL for decoding
Make sure you have installed all the dependencies: qrencode and python-zbar.
Decompress qtqr-latest.tar.lzma to a directory, for example /home/me/qtqr.
Open a terminal and cd to the dir you decompressed the file:
Once run the use is trivial, just check this video if you don’t believe me:
- Linux Security: How to hide processes from other users
- Productivity boosting with open source applications
- 8 Simple To Follow Tips To Secure Your Apache Web Server
- The Humble “Open Source” Bundle
- Linux Games: FTL Advanced Edition expansion
Find me on Google+