In a previous article i’ve wrote about creating qr code from the command line, but perhaps this is not always the preferred method for everyone.
So QtQR come to help us with a graphical frontend, QtQR is a GUI front-end for linux’s qrencode made in Python & Qt
zbar for decoding
PIL for decoding
Make sure you have installed all the dependencies: qrencode and python-zbar.
Decompress qtqr-latest.tar.lzma to a directory, for example /home/me/qtqr.
Open a terminal and cd to the dir you decompressed the file:
Once run the use is trivial, just check this video if you don’t believe me:
- What are the desktop environments that use less resources on Linux ?
- How to protect Apache with Fail2ban
- Nightingale a Beautiful music player for Linux
- Livarp – A lightweight Linux Distribution
- Why Linux Based Servers are Reliable?
Find me on Google+